The previous two posts have shared my views and past experiences on how to practise Siu Nim Tau. After saying all this in words, I think it might be logical as well as useful to show you my Siu Nim Tau, so that you can see if I am doing what I have said, and through this process hopefully you can visualise what you might want to follow.
A quick checklist:
- Spirited and projecting
- Elbows and knees are converging
- All arm movements are done via elbows
- A pause, long or brief, between two consecutive moves
- A move, between two pauses, proceeds at constant speed
- Movements are initiated by the centre points
- Wrist-palm opened up – umbrella analogy
- Body vertically aligned
- No sitting at hip, normal standing in Wing Chun stance shape
Questions and comments are welcome.